About us: Archiact Interactive is a Vancouver-based Virtual and Augmented Reality (VR/AR) Studio that develops new and unique ways for people to play games and interact with each other. We partner with IP holders, large publishers, and tech brands to create and deliver immersive, high-end game experiences across multiple platforms with a special focus on building new tools for cutting edge emerging technology.
Our games: Recent titles include DOOM 3: VR Edition (on PSVR), FREEDIVER: Triton Down (on PC, PSVR and Oculus Quest), and MARVEL: Dimension of Heroes (a smartphone-powered Superhero experience built for Lenovo Mirage AR). We are currently in the early stages of several new and highly innovative projects with leading industry partners and are searching for the best and the brightest to help us transform the world of VR and AR game development. Interested? Read on.
Our values: At Archiact, diversity is developed and driven by our employees. Inclusion is the way we show our commitment to this core value. Diversity in all areas of our workforce helps us build innovative and immersive experiences that are accessible to everyone.
We are a Vancouver-based studio but are happy to consider candidates from all over Canada to work remotely. We also offer relocation assistance to candidates outside of Canada.
Role overview: We are looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer who enjoys working on an agile and fast paced team that is bringing high quality VR/AR projects to life.
About you: You are comfortable working in a close-knit and collaborative team with a wide range of skill sets and personalities. You enjoy the creative iterative problem-solving process required to bring original concepts and high-profile IPs to life in an immersive experience. You thrive in teams and are open to taking on new challenges to assist in raising the quality bar of the end product.
- Contribute well-structured high-quality code, game enhancements, and features.
- Design and document full vertical slices of the game.
- Collaborate continuously with a team (artists, game designers, and producers) throughout the project life-cycle to deliver high quality games through iteratively building solutions.
- Assist in guiding and mentoring a team of bright engineers to improve the whole
technical team and process through inclusive leadership.
- Develop frameworks and libraries that can be used across different VR games.
- Handle and problem solve issues related to various gaming platforms (PC, console, etc.) to ensure the game is fully functional on the desired operating system.
- Support optimization of systems and deal with issues such as bug fixes and systems crashes.
- Work closely with designers to understand and refine design intentions through rapid iteration and prototyping.
- Be a go-to expert and take ownership for key areas of technology.
- Seek opportunities for learning new technologies and systems in order to leverage them in creative ways to be able to meet the Studio’s technical and business needs.
- Provide effort estimates to guide the evolving development plan through assessing project requirements.
- Spearhead the improvement of our engineering practices for better design, testing, and implementation.
- 4+ years of related professional industry experience.
- Must have shipped a commercial console or PC game.
- Experience working on at least one high quality title on Console or PC.
- Proficient in C++, Blueprints and Unreal Engine or Unity.
- Familiar with Agile and Scrum project management principles and practices
- Strong documentation and tools skills (JIRA, Perforce, Slack, Confluence).
- Working knowledge of algorithms, data structures, and software design patterns.
- Strong understanding of linear algebra and essential 3D mathematics.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- A self-starter with a strong work ethic.
- A team-player attitude with the ability to collaborate effectively with various stakeholders in a fast-paced environment.
Nice to Have:
- 1+ year(s) experience as a mentor to other software engineers.
- Experience shipping AAA games on multiple platforms.
- Experience working with VR/AR.
- Diploma or Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related technical discipline.
Benefits & Perks - What’s in it for you?:
- A competitive base salary.
- Comprehensive extended health and wellness benefits.
- Generous annual vacation time and sick days.
- Additional bonus holidays throughout the year.
- Flexible work schedule and remote working.
- Fully equipped onsite gym
- Relocation assistance for candidates outside of Canada.
- An opportunity to work on a high-profile IP.
- The chance to be part of an experienced, high-achieving and fun team.
- An international and diverse atmosphere.
- The opportunity to help pave the way for the future of VR/AR gaming.