About us: Archiact Interactive is a Vancouver-based Virtual and Augmented Reality (VR/AR) Studio that develops new and unique ways for people to play games and interact with each other. We partner with IP holders, large publishers, and tech brands to create and deliver immersive, high-end game experiences across multiple platforms with a special focus on building new tools for cutting edge emerging technology.
Our games: Recent titles include DOOM 3: VR Edition (on PSVR), FREEDIVER: Triton Down (on PC, PSVR and Oculus Quest), and MARVEL: Dimension of Heroes (a smartphone-powered Superhero experience built for Lenovo Mirage (AR). We are currently in the early stages of several new and highly innovative projects with leading industry partners and are searching for the best and the brightest to help us transform the world of VR and AR game development. Interested? Read on.
Our values: At Archiact, diversity is developed and driven by our employees. Inclusion is the way we show our commitment to this core value. Diversity in all areas of our workforce helps us build innovative and immersive experiences that are accessible to everyone.
We are a Vancouver-based studio but are happy to consider candidates from all over Canada to work remotely.
Role overview: Archiact is looking for an Intermediate Technical Artist to join our agile and fast paced team. This strong communicator will work closely with Art and Engineering to develop assets, tools, and new standards and workflows – whatever it takes to push the visual quality of our games to new levels!
About you: You are Technical Artist with a unique skillset. You may consider yourself to be a generalist, or you may have vast experience in one specific area of a pipeline. You enjoy the creative iterative problem-solving process required to bring original concepts and high-profile IPs to life. You thrive in teams and are open to taking on new challenges to assist in raising the quality bar.
- Reporting to the Lead TA or Art Director and working closely with the Art and Engineering Teams, you will maintain and foster the Art Production Pipeline.
- Identify optimization challenges, apply your expertise to problem-solve, and implement techniques to overcome them.
- Work with artists to identify problem areas and plan possible solutions. Review them with the Lead TA and affected Leads of other related disciplines (UI, Environments, Character or Animation Leads).
- Develop visual features of the game, whether that’s writing shader code, pioneering new asset creation techniques, or creating technical prototypes and mock-ups.
- Work with team leads across various disciplines to enhance gameplay, environments, VFX and cinematic elements.
- Ensure that assets integrate with minimal friction into the game engine, without sacrificing visual quality.
- Troubleshoot gameplay and architecture issues which might impact content creation and integration nd develop workflows to compensate for such limitations.
- 2+ years of experience as a Technical Artist at a game, VFX, or feature animation studio.
- Thorough understanding of the Unreal Engine development platform (including proficiency with blueprints) or Unity 3D Engine development platform equivalent.
- Working knowledge of one or more 3D packages including modeling, texturing, rigging and IK setup, animation, scripting and tool creation.
- Experience with shadercreation and scripting (Maya, API, and C++/#
programming) that can produce high quality visual results and hit optimized performance targets.
- Experience with lighting and rendering techniques that can deliver eye-catching visuals on both PC and more challenging platforms like the PSVR/Quest 2.
- Intermediate programming experience with scripting languages (MEL / Python).
- Extensive art background and content development skills with a strong artistic eye.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- A self-starter attitude with excellent problem-solving skills.
- A team-player attitude with the ability to collaborate effectively with various stakeholders in a fast-paced environment.
- A genuine interest to work in VR and AR.
Nice to Have:
- Experience working with VR/AR.
Benefits & Perks - What’s in it for you?:
- A competitive base salary.
- Comprehensive extended health and wellness benefits.
- Generous annual vacation time and sick days.
- Additional bonus holidays throughout the year.
- Flexible work schedule and remote working.
- Fully equipped onsite gym.
- An opportunity to work on a high-profile IP.
- The chance to be part of an experienced, high-achieving and fun team.
- An international and diverse atmosphere.
- The opportunity to help pave the way for the future of VR/AR gaming.