ABOUT US: Archiact Interactive is a Vancouver-based Virtual and Augmented Reality (VR/AR) Studio that develops new and unique ways for people to play games and interact with each other. We partner with IP holders, large publishers, and tech brands to create and deliver immersive, high-end game experiences across multiple platforms with a special focus on building new tools for cutting edge emerging technology.
OUR GAMES: Recent titles include DOOM 3: VR Edition (on PSVR), FREEDIVER: Triton Down (on PC, PSVR and Oculus Quest), and MARVEL: Dimension of Heroes (a smartphone-powered Superhero experience built for Lenovo Mirage AR). We are currently in the early stages of several new and highly innovative projects with leading industry partners and are searching for the best and the brightest to help us transform the world of VR and AR game development. Interested? Read on.
OUR VALUES: At Archiact, diversity is developed and driven by our employees. Inclusion is the way we show our commitment to this core value. Diversity in all areas of our workforce helps us build innovative and immersive experiences that are accessible to everyone.
ROLE OVERVIEW: We are looking for a passionate HR Generalist with recruitment experience, who enjoys working with an agile and fast paced team that is bringing high quality VR/AR projects to life.
ABOUT YOU: You aim for the highest HR standards, are proactive, well-organized, and ready for a big challenge. You are comfortable working in a close-knit and collaborative team with a wide range of skill sets and personalities.
- Co-ordinate the full-cycle recruitment and hiring processes including posting job ads, conducting phone screenings, scheduling interviews with hiring managers, generating offer documents and employment agreements to send to new hires, and assisting with the creation and maintenance of job descriptions.
- Liaise with external recruitment agencies to source candidates for open positions.
- Co-ordinate the employee onboarding and offboarding process.
- Assist the HR Manager with the immigration and relocation of foreign workers.
- Oversee employee benefits administration.
- Maintain the HRIS system to ensure that employee records are up-to-date and accurate.
- Collaborate with the Marketing Manager and HR Manager to develop and drive diversity and inclusion initiatives.
- Act as the company’s brand ambassador to grow and nurture our talent pool by attending recruitment events, career fairs and graduation portfolio shows, in order to facilitate relationships with schools and other professional industry groups.
- Regularly review and update HR templates and company policy documents to ensure legal compliance.
- Organize events, learning opportunities and team building exercises to increase employee engagement and foster our company culture.
- Create and improve existing HR processes and tools tailored to the needs of the studio.
- Assist the HR Manager with the co-ordination of annual performance reviews.
- Liaise with the Finance Manager to provide any HR-related documents required for annual financial audits, payroll or other financial purposes.
- Collaborate with the HR Manager to develop and host employee training programs and create employee engagement surveys.
- Keep a close eye on developing industry trends to ensure that our HR best practices and procedures are up to date.
- Serve as a link between management and employees by handling questions and striving to resolve work-related issues.
- At least 2 years of work experience within an HR/Recruitment role in the Creative or Tech industry.
- Knowledge of labour and employment legislation, such as BC ESA and Human rights.
- Experience working with BambooHR or equivalent HRIS system.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in order to educate, inform and engage our team.
- Exceptional time-management and organization skills with good attention to detail.
- The ability to work well under pressure and to handle multiple priorities.
- A flexible attitude with the ability to change gears quickly and shift priorities in a constantly changing environment.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to take action on emerging challenges.
- A positive self-starter with a strong work ethic and a good sense of humour.
- A team-player attitude with the ability to collaborate effectively with various stakeholders in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion when managing confidential and sensitive information,
- The ability to build strong relationships, establish trust and communicate clearly and respectfully with colleagues, candidates and customers. We treat people like humans, not resources!
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience working for a Game Development company.
- Knowledge of VR/AR.
- A degree, diploma or certification in human resources management or related field such as business administration or communication.
BENEFITS & PERKS - WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- A competitive base salary.
- Comprehensive extended health and wellness benefits.
- Generous annual vacation time and sick days.
- Additional bonus holidays throughout the year.
- Flexible work schedule and remote working.
- Fully equipped onsite gym.
- The chance to be part of an experienced, high-achieving and fun team.
- An international and diverse atmosphere.