About us: Archiact Interactive is a Vancouver-based Virtual and Augmented Reality (VR/AR) Studio that develops new and unique ways for people to play games and interact with each other. We partner with IP holders, large publishers, and tech brands to create and deliver immersive, high-end game experiences across multiple platforms with a special focus on building new tools for cutting edge emerging technology.
Our games: Recent titles include DOOM 3: VR Edition (on PSVR), FREEDIVER: Triton Down (on PC, PSVR and Oculus Quest), and MARVEL: Dimension of Heroes (a smartphone-powered Superhero experience built for Lenovo Mirage AR). We are currently in the early stages of several new and highly innovative projects with prominent industry partners and are searching for the best and the brightest to help us transform the world of VR and AR game development. Interested? Read on.
Our values: At Archiact, diversity is developed and directed by our employees. Inclusion is the way we show our commitment to this core value. Diversity in all areas of our workforce helps us build innovative and immersive experiences that are accessible to everyone. From our community to our games, we are committed to respecting the rights and self-determination of all people. Our goal is simple: we seek to build a diverse team, and to nurture a safe, inclusive work environment where our teammates, especially those who are marginalized, can thrive. At Archiact, equity, diversity, and inclusivity are more than a statement, it is a core value which we continually strive to uphold through our words and our actions. We do not see that commitment as a milestone to be passed, but as a constant, ever-evolving process to be actively pursued, reviewed, and improved upon.
Role Overview: We are looking for a passionate UI Artist who enjoys working on an agile and fast paced team on a very exciting new VR project! You will be joining a small team of AAA vets who believe that VR’s time is now and want to make the next big VR game event.
We are a Vancouver-based studio but are happy to consider candidates from all over Canada to work remotely.
You’re a highly creative, artistic, detail oriented, and iterative UI Artist. You are comfortable working in a close-knit and collaborative team with a wide range of skill sets and personalities. You enjoy ownership (along with the responsibility that goes with it) and want to make a lasting contribution to a multi-platform, action-adventure game.
You enjoy the creative problem-solving process required to bring original concepts and high-profile IPs to life in an immersive experience. You thrive in teams and are open to bringing new ideas to the table to assist in raising the quality bar of the final product.
- Work closely with the Art Director & UX UI Lead.
- Create 2D/3D UI Art & design including iconography and graphic design on the project.
- Create, Design and maintain elegant and stunning game User Interface assets in Unreal Engine.
- Contribute to UI look dev & retain continuity of UI style, with attention to theme, style, and feel.
- Work closely with UX designers to visually communicate the UX and Game flow they have designed.
- Integrate UI assets you have designed using Unreal engine, with the help of programmers and technical artists.
- Create, Design, iterate and refine your UI work based on feedback from leads and collaborative team members.
- Collaborate with leads to maintain UI design documentation such as UI Design System, Iconography & UI Art Design bible across the project.
- 3-5 years of experience making UIs in video games.
- At least 1 shipped video game title working in a UI design role.
- A portfolio of work demonstrating different styles of simplified, stylized UIs and Iconography in 2D and & 3D games.
- The ability to create elegant and stunning User Interface design in 2D and 3D media.
- The ability to design and think in 3D and immersive mediums such as VR.
- Experience with working on UI in Unreal Engine (preferred) or Unity.
- Expert knowledge of Visual Design and graphic design fundamentals.
- Expertise in graphic design tools such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Figma and/or Adobe XD.
- Familiarity with 3D tools like Maya, Blender etc.
- The ability to create simplified and/or stylized families of symbols, pictograms & icons across multiple sets and themes.
- The ability and willingness to tackle technical problems, adapt to workflow changes and quickly learn new tools as needed.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- A self-starter with a strong work ethic.
- A team-player attitude with the ability to collaborate effectively with various stakeholders in a fast-paced environment.
Nice to Have:
- Experience working on VR / AR Games and 3D UI for immersive games.
- A passion for science fiction and FUI Design (Futuristic-Fictional User Interfaces).
- An interest in Diegetic UI for immersive experiences.
- Experience with UI implementation in Unreal Engine 4.
- Stylized illustration abilities.
- Knowledge of Typography fundamentals.
- An understating of user centered design principles.
- Experience with localization to adapt UI Assets, Icons and Graphic assets into different languages.
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design.
- A passion for immersive media experiences such as VR and/or AR.
- A passion for games (regardless of the platform).
Benefits & Perks - What’s in it for you?:
- A competitive base salary.
- Paid sick days.
- Comprehensive extended health and wellness benefits.
- Additional bonus holidays throughout the year.
- Flexible work schedule and remote working.
- An opportunity to work on a high-profile IP.
- Fully equipped onsite gym.
- The chance to be part of an experienced, high-achieving and fun team.
- An international and diverse atmosphere.
- The opportunity to help pave the way for the future of VR/AR gaming.