Archiact Interactive is a Vancouver-based Virtual and Augmented Reality (VR/AR) Studio that develops new and unique ways for people to play games and interact with each other. We partner with IP holders, large publishers, and tech brands to create and deliver immersive, high-end game experiences across multiple platforms with a special focus on building new tools for cutting edge emerging technology.
Recent titles include DOOM 3: VR Edition (on PSVR), FREEDIVER: Triton Down (on PC, PSVR and Oculus Quest), and MARVEL: Dimension of Heroes (a smartphone-powered Superhero experience built for Lenovo Mirage AR). We are currently in the early stages of several new and highly innovative projects with leading industry partners and are searching for the best and the brightest to help us transform the world of VR and AR game development. Interested? Read on.
At Archiact, diversity is developed and directed by our employees. Inclusion is the way we show our commitment to this core value. Diversity in all areas of our workforce helps us build innovative and immersive experiences that are accessible to everyone. From our community to our games, we are committed to respecting the rights and self-determination of all people. Our goal is simple: we seek to build a diverse team, and to nurture a safe, inclusive work environment where our teammates, especially those who are marginalized, can thrive. At Archiact, equity, diversity, and inclusivity is more than a statement, it is a core value which we continually strive to uphold through our words and our actions. We do not see that commitment as a milestone to be passed, but as a constant, ever-evolving process to be actively pursued, reviewed, and improved upon.
We are looking for an experienced Community Manager to join our small-but-mighty internal marketing team in support of an unannounced VR title, as well as the studio brand at large. This role is all about fostering community growth, raising awareness of Archiact and our titles, and building a rich online presence that gives players a reason to tune in week after week.
You are the voice of the studio and our titles, but also of our players; you actively bridge the communication gap between developer and consumer, so that we can create the best possible products for a community of savvy VR fans. You hold a powerful vision for our online presence, and leverage your expert knowledge of trends, high-value content, and effective communication to drive progress towards those goals. The idea of working within a tightly collaborative marketing team excites you; you are eager to share your best ideas, and to uplift those of your peers. Whether playing VR or traditional games, your love of interactive experiences runs deep, as does your understanding of the often complex culture that surrounds modern gaming.
- 3+ years experience managing social media and community efforts for a video game company/product.
- Deep understanding of leading social media platforms (Eg. Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, YouTube, etc.) including algorithm best practices, relevant audiences, and trends.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, particularly when performing customer service, adopting various brand voices online, or coordinating with teammates and stakeholders.
- Staunch attention to detail, with a diligent eye for visual and textual quality.
- Deep knowledge of video games, video game marketing content, and understanding of relevant audiences.
- Working understanding of game brand, marketing funnels, and campaign structure.
- Exceptional organisation and collaboration skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Suite.
- Experience with the creation of audio/visual content a plus.
- Proficiency with social media/support management software such as Hootsuite, Buffer, Sprout, Zendesk, etc. a plus.
- Experience with live events (Eg. Twitch streams, speedruns, virtual panels, premieres, etc.) a plus.
- Knowledge of virtual reality and VR games a plus.
- Collaborate with the Marketing Manager to create a detailed social media, content, and customer support strategy in support of marketing goals and funnels.
- Collaborate with the Social Media Content Creator to plan and execute a content calendar of high-quality written, image, and video content to raise brand/game awareness, drive engagement, and foster community.
- Plan, write, and distribute written content pieces such as blog posts and/or articles.
- Closely monitor and operate social media channels for Archiact and our titles.
- Monitor, engage, and nurture an online community through Discord and various game forums.
- Identify unique opportunities for social engagement as they arise, and propose micro-campaigns to take advantage.
- Liaise with external vendors such as trailer makers, production crews, and PR teams to ensure social media plans and content align with their goals, plans, and timelines.
- Build and operate a ticket-based customer support system, working closely with internal developers and relevant stakeholders to assist players with bugs, issues, feedback, etc.
- Attend local online VR and games industry events. (We will always observe recommended COVID-19 safety protocol and obey local health authorities for events.)
- Provide recurring reports on social media/digital marketing success metrics, and suggest ideas for improvements on future campaigns and content.
- Collaborate with and support our Marketing Co-op Student(s) as needed, especially those with an interest in gaining community management experience.
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience working with VR/AR hardware.
BENEFITS AND PERKS - What’s in it for you?:
- A competitive base salary.
- Comprehensive extended health and wellness benefits.
- Generous annual vacation time and sick days.
- Annual Health & Wellness allowance.
- Additional bonus holidays throughout the year.
- Flexible work schedule and remote working.
- Fully equipped onsite gym.
- An opportunity to work on a high-profile IP.
- The chance to be part of an experienced, high-achieving and fun team.
- An international and diverse atmosphere.