ABOUT US: Archiact Interactive is a Virtual Reality (VR) Game Studio that develops new and unique ways for people to play games and interact with each other. We partner with IP holders, large publishers, and tech brands to create and deliver immersive, high-end game experiences across multiple platforms with a special focus on building new tools for cutting edge emerging technology. We are a hybrid studio with employees all across Canada, reporting into our headquarters in Vancouver, BC. We have a new studio incorporated in Toronto, Ontario. Our Ontario studio is 100% remote at this time, with plans to open a new office in the future.
OUR GAMES: We have published over 30 VR tiles since 2013 on every major platform and in every major global market. Recent titles include DOOM 3: VR Edition (on PSVR), FREEDIVER: Triton Down (on PC, PSVR and Oculus Quest), and MARVEL: Dimension of Heroes (a smartphone-powered Superhero experience built for Lenovo Mirage AR). We are currently in the early stages of several new and highly innovative projects with prominent industry partners and are searching for the best and the brightest to help us transform the world of VR game development.
OUR VALUES: Archiact’s core values are focused on innovation, diversity & inclusion, kindness & respect, creative integrity, open communication, and the strong belief that VR game experiences offer unique opportunities for human connection, discovery, well-being, and joy. At Archiact, equity, diversity, and inclusivity are developed and directed by our employees, allowing us to build innovative and immersive experiences that are accessible and meaningful to a wider audience. We seek to build a diverse team, and to nurture a safe, inclusive work environment where everyone can thrive.
ROLE OVERVIEW: We are looking for an experienced Community Manager to join our small-but-mighty internal marketing team in support of an unannounced VR title, as well as the studio brand at large. This role is all about fostering community growth, raising awareness of Archiact and our titles, and building a rich online presence that gives players a reason to tune in week after week. We are a hybrid Vancouver-based studio so are happy to consider candidates from all over Canada to work remotely.
ABOUT YOU: You are the voice of the studio and our titles, but also of our players; you actively bridge the communication gap between developer and consumer, so that we can create the best possible products for a community of savvy VR fans. You hold a powerful vision for our online presence, and leverage your expert knowledge of trends, high-value content, and effective communication to drive progress towards those goals. The idea of working within a tightly collaborative marketing team excites you; you are eager to share your best ideas, and to uplift those of your peers. Whether playing VR or traditional games, your love of interactive experiences runs deep, as does your understanding of the often complex culture that surrounds modern gaming.
- Collaborate with the Marketing Director to create a detailed social media, content, and customer support strategy in support of marketing goals and funnels.
- Collaborate with the Social Media Content Creator to plan and execute a content calendar of high-quality written, image, and video content to raise brand/game awareness, drive engagement, and foster community.
- Plan, write, and distribute written content pieces such as blog posts and/or articles.
- Closely monitor and operate social media channels for Archiact and our titles.
- Monitor, engage, and nurture an online community through Discord and various game forums.
- Identify unique opportunities for social engagement as they arise, and propose micro-campaigns to take advantage.
- Liaise with external vendors such as trailer makers, production crews, and PR teams to ensure social media plans and content align with their goals, plans, and timelines.
- Build and operate a ticket-based customer support system, working closely with internal developers and relevant stakeholders to assist players with bugs, issues, feedback, etc.
- Attend local online VR and games industry events. (We will always observe recommended COVID-19 safety protocol and obey local health authorities for events.)
- Provide recurring reports on social media/digital marketing success metrics, and suggest ideas for improvements on future campaigns and content.
- Collaborate with and support our Marketing Co-op Student(s) as needed, especially those with an interest in gaining community management experience.
- 3+ years experience managing social media and community efforts for a video game company/product.
- Deep understanding of leading social media platforms (Eg. Tik Tok, Twitter, Reddit, YouTube, etc.) including algorithm best practices, relevant audiences, and trends.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, particularly when performing customer service, adopting various brand voices online, or coordinating with teammates and stakeholders.
- Staunch attention to detail, with a diligent eye for visual and textual quality.
- Deep knowledge of video games, video game marketing content, and understanding of relevant audiences.
- Working understanding of game brand, marketing funnels, and campaign structure.
- Exceptional organisation and collaboration skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Suite.
- Experience with the creation of audio/visual content a plus.
- Proficiency with social media/support management software such as Hootsuite, Buffer, Sprout, Zendesk, etc. a plus.
- Experience with live events (Eg. Twitch streams, speedruns, virtual panels, premieres, etc.) a plus.
- Knowledge of virtual reality and VR games a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- A self-starter with a strong work ethic.
- A team-player attitude with the ability to collaborate effectively with various stakeholders in a fast-paced environment.
BENEFITS & PERKS - WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- A competitive base salary.
- Comprehensive extended health and wellness benefits including employee assistance program (in effect from first day of employment).
- Annual Health & Wellness allowance.
- 3 weeks paid parental leave (top-up on EI).
- Generous annual vacation time and sick days.
- Paid studio closure for the Winter Holidays.
- We offer the choice of fully remote, in-studio, or a hybrid work arrangement for Vancouver employees. Team members in other provinces are welcomed on a remote working basis.
- An opportunity to work on a high-profile IP.
- The chance to be part of an experienced, high-achieving and fun team.
- An inclusive and diverse team and atmosphere.
- The opportunity to help pave the way for the future of VR gaming.